Rosacea is a chronic skin condition that makes your face turn red and may cause swelling and skin sores that look like acne. It typically occurs among those with fair skin, between the ages of 30 and 50 and women.
Rosacea is caused by swelling of the blood vessels that are situated right beneath the skin. This leads to the associated symptoms of redness of the face, blushing or flushing easily, an increase number of spider-like blood vessels (telangiectasia) of the face, red nose (also called a ‘bulbous’ nose), skin sores that may ooze or crust in more extreme cases, a burning or stinging feeling in the face and irritated, bloodshot, and watery eyes.
Although rosacea is a harmless condition, it may lower the self-esteem and the confidence of the people who have it, thus, affecting their social, and sometimes even professional, lives.
We offer a range of treatments, often prescribed in conjunction with each other to successfully combat rosacea:
- Oral and topical antibiotics taken to control symptoms
- Alternative medications similar to Vitamin A can also be prescribed if your dermatologist considers them to be a good option for your individual case.
- Intense Pulse Light (IPL) (offered at the Cadogan Aesthetic Clinic) also known as “photo rejuvenation” treatment which aims to reduce the appearance of any residual redness
Why choose Dr. Kothari Dermatology Clinic for Rosacea treatment?
- Dr. Kothari Skin Clinic is one of the leading facilities for aesthetic medicine in the central India.
- We have a track record of treating thousands of satisfied skin patients